Mission and Vision
The mission of the Onoway Elementary School Council is to foster the well-being and the effectiveness of our school community and therby enhance student learning.
Vision - Partners in Learning in a Safe and Caring Environment
Partners in Learning suggests working together, communicating effectively and actively supporting each other in order to promote a lifelong desire for learning in a safe and caring environment.
Constitution and Bylaws
Onoway Elementary School Council Constitution and Bylaws 2016-17
Onoway Parents Educational Fundraising Association Society Bylaws 2016.17
1. To support the best educational interest of Onoway Elementary students in accordance to their capabilities.
2. To create and promote a healthy learning environment for students.
3. To strengthen and promote communication within the school community (school, school board, home and community) in matters of general interest.
4. To facilitate parental involvement in the educational process of their children.
5. To provide a means whereby general school related concerns may be addressed.
6. To encourage parent education programs.
7. To provide financial support as designated by the School Council in consultation with the principal.
Code of Ethics
A member shall be guided by the mission statement of his or her school district.
A member shall endeavor to be familiar with school policies and operating practices and act in accordance with them.
A member shall practise the highest standards of honesty, accuracy, integrity and truth.
A member shall recognize and respect the personal integrity of each member of the school community.
A member shall encourage a positive atmosphere where individual contributions are encouraged and valued.
A member shall apply democratic principles.
A member shall consider the best interests of all students.
A member shall respect parental rights and responsibilities and the option of choice.
A member shall respect the confidential nature of some school business and respect limitations this may place on the operation of the school council.
A member shall not disclose confidential information.
A member shall limit discussions at school meeting to matters of concern to the school community as a whole.
A member shall use the appropriate communication channels when questions or concerns arise.
A member shall promote high standards of ethical practise within the school community.
A member shall accept accountability for decisions.
A member shall declare any conflict of interest.
A member shall accept no payment for school council activities.